HMS LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT FOR PHYSICIANS AND SCIENTISTS
April 2 – April 5, 2013
This course is designed for HMS and HSDM instructors, assistant professors, and associate professors (see specifics under “eligibility guidelines”) who currently have responsibility for a research grant, laboratory, educational course, or clinical program. This course is intended for those in the early stages of leadership and not for chairs of departments or divisions. The goal of the course is to build on participants’ knowledge base and skills to enhance their professional development as administrative leaders in academic medicine. Participants will acquire skills in institutional organization, finance, legal and regulatory issues, and the full spectrum of communication skills. Women and minorities are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Completed application (see link below) including signed letter of support, must be received by 12:00 Noon on Friday, October 26, 2012.
- For information about this application please see Application Guidelines
- Attendance is limited to 60 HMS clinicians, educators, and researchers, to be selected by Course Directors.
- Participants will be notified before the end of the year of acceptance into the course.
To apply: Please click here to apply
Faculty Eligibility Guidelines: This course is intended for HMS/HSDM faculty in the early stages of leadership, and not for chairs of departments or divisions. Additionally, one must be engaged in HMS/HSDM activities a minimum of 50% time or 2.5 days per week. Preference for eligibility given to faculty who have held appointments as:
- Instructors for at least 2 years
- Assistant Professors for any number of years
- Associate Professors for no more than 5 years
- $650- Tuition must be paid in full by Thursday, March 15, 2013.
Quotes from previous participants:
- This course was a phenomenal opportunity to meet inspiring leaders, gain valuable pearls. Thank you so much for investing the time and effort to bring together such exceptional faculty and mentors!”
- “Received great advice from top leadership around Harvard.”
- “It was a treat to get away from the hectic pace of my research and clinical responsibilities to take time to reflect on my career trajectory. I left the course not only with a better vision of where I wanted to go in the next 5 years, but also equipped with practical tools that I could use to get me there.”
For more information please contact: Sarah Tekleab Harvard Medical School 25 Shattuck St., Room 206 Boston, MA 02115 Tel. 617-432-1198 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Harvard Medical Web Last Updated: September 20, 2012 These pages maintained by the Office For Faculty Affairs