HMS LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT FOR PHYSICIANS AND SCIENTISTS
March 30 – April 1, 2016
This course is designed for HMS and HSDM instructors, assistant professors, and associate professors (see specifics under “eligibility guidelines”) who currently have responsibility for a research grant, laboratory, educational course, or clinical program. The goal of the course is to build on participants’ knowledge base and skills to enhance their professional development as administrative leaders in academic medicine. The course curriculum focuses on human resource management, negotiation, finance, self assessment, communications, and personal career development. Women and minorities are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Completed application will be due in November 2015. Please check back for updates.
Faculty Eligibility Guidelines: This course is intended for HMS/HSDM faculty in the early stages of leadership, and not for chairs of departments or divisions. Additionally, one must be engaged in HMS/HSDM activities a minimum of 50% time or 2.5 days per week. Preference for eligibility will be given to faculty who have held appointments as:
- Instructors for at least 2 years
- Assistant Professors for any number of years
- Associate Professors for no more than 3 years
Quotes from previous participants:
- This course was a phenomenal opportunity to meet inspiring leaders, gain valuable pearls. Thank you so much for investing the time and effort to bring together such exceptional faculty and mentors!”
- “Received great advice from top leadership around Harvard.”
- “It was a treat to get away from the hectic pace of my research and clinical responsibilities to take time to reflect on my career trajectory. I left the course not only with a better vision of where I wanted to go in the next 5 years, but also equipped with practical tools that I could use to get me there.”
The Harvard Medical School is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.For more information please contact: Damien Mahiet Harvard Medical School 25 Shattuck St., Room 206 Boston, MA 02115 Tel. 617-432-1198 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Harvard Medical Web Last Updated: August 6, 2015
These pages maintained by the Office For Faculty Affairs